Like many other fad diets, there are pros and cons side of this popular diet plan. It is always a good practice to go into details of the advantages and disadvantages of a diet before you decide to start. Listed below are the points as summarized by us for your reference.
Advantages of Cabbage Soup Diet :
- Good for those who love to eat cabbage.
- The diet only last for 7 days.
- Cabbage soup diet is easy to follow, it requires little reading, no studying, and very little preparation.
- Cabbage soup diet is a low-fat, high-fiber and low-calorie diet plan.
- No calories counting requires since most of the foodstuff are low in calories.
- A great “kick-start” for a more sustainable long term weight loss plan.
- The main ingredient of the diet the “cabbage soup” is an inexpensive – home-made soup.
- Lose weight at a fast rate – This diet is often used by people who need a quick fix for some upcoming event.
- Unlike other diets, cabbage soup is easy in the sense that you do not have to spend a lot of time preparing fancy, difficult meals.
- You can drop several pounds in a hurry without starving because you will be allowed to eat as much cabbage soup as you like.
- Cabbage is a good source of fiber and vitamin C, and dark green varieties, such as bok choy, are also rich in folate and vitamin A.
- Cabbage is good for fighting against Cancer. The I3C found in cabbages can help to prevent breast cancer.
Disadvantages of Cabbage Soup Diet :
- No good for those who dislike cabbage.
- Eating too much of cabbage soup make the diet plan boring.
- Cabbage soup is a fad diet – not nutritionally balanced.
- The cabbage soup diet does work, but the results are very short term.
- You can get too much sodium from the combination of soup mix, bouillon and juice.
- Due to the restricted amount of calories, you may feel low energy levels throughout the diet.
- Cabbage soup diet is quite difficult to stick to as one tires of the cabbage soup very quickly!
- Since the diet plan is only for a short period, as soon as you stop the Cabbage Soup Diet, the weight may come back as quickly as it goes.
- The diet allow only drinks such as water or unsweetened juices, curbing your cravings for alcohol, sodas and milky drinks may be difficult.
- This diet could aggravate many health conditions, for example, people with diabetes could have problems maintaining their blood glucose level.